Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Wagnerian Influences on Klaus Schulze



Klaus Schulze is one of the most prominent figures of German Electronic Music.
For years he used the alias "Richard Wahnfried" ( "Richard" by Wagner's name and "Wahnfried" by Wagner's Villa in Beyreuth).

The following statement in taken from the liner notes of his TIMEWIND album released in 1975.

"Timewind was my fifth records and the first one with a clear reference to my Bayreuth hero Richard Wagner, which can be seen by looking at the titles. These songs were classic home recordings, albeit rather primitive ones. In Berlin I lived in the...I could have almost said "Bayreuth Street"! It was Swabian Street and I lived in a former barbershop at the time"


Here is the full TIMEWIND album:

Track list:
I. Bayreuth Return
II. Wahnfried 1883


"In this tribute to Richard Wagner, Klaus Schulze demonstrates that electronic music can be far more than the cold clinical sounds usually associated with the genre"
TROUSER PRESS/USA , November 1977

SEE ALSO:



No comments:

Post a Comment