Sunday, November 5, 2023

Den Hvite Guden


"The ONLY time I have compromised with a record company was when I made this Burzum album.I made it as "The White God", but was strongly advised to change the title, to avoid (more) accusations of "racism".I changed it to "Belus", the PIE name for Baldr (alias "The White God"). The racism accusations was not a problem to me, but to the records company  in relation to their distributors. They were already facing problems because they had signed Burzum to begin with. They did not want to taste their luck any more.

I can add that the cover photo was taken by me in Bø i Telemark, in Norway, one day I was out walking in the forest with my (at the time only) son, Tívar."

Varg Vikernes - 11/5/2023

MORE INFO ON "BELUS" HERE:

https://www.burzum.org/eng/discography/official/2010_belus.shtml




No comments:

Post a Comment