Friday, April 15, 2022

Heinrich Schliemann - The Stuff of a Legend



October 2020. Me standing at the cyclopean (3000-3500 years old) walls of Tiryns. 

As I'm about to do soon my (almost annual) revisit to some of the important centers of the archaic Hellas,  I was going through some archaeological info online so to see if there is something that I missed in my last visit so to check it now. And do I came across another excellent work of American School of Classical Studies at Athens.

https://www.schliemannlegend2022.gr/index.php/en/

A website/online exhibition fully dedicated to the life and works of this legend of Archeology that found some of the important monuments of archaic and classic ancient Hellenic world.


To see and learn more about this great man click the link above.

From my side, in the next days, as I usually do, I'll post on this blog some photos from my upcoming visit to some of this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment