Sunday, July 4, 2021

On The Accuracy of Manhunt Series - The Unambomber Speaks

 

 


During 2017 Discovery Channel release a mini-series about the life and actions of Ted Kaczynski (Below you can see a small review I did back then) known as THE UNABOMBER. In the letter that follows we see for the first time whats the reaction of the man himself about the series depicting his actions. Back in 2018 his view is not complete so we dont know the full details and the "mistakes" or exaggerations that portrayed there, but he writes extensively about the events shown on episode 6. About the professor Murray and CIA's MKUltra program.

Also the source of the letter is unknown (found the pic somewhere on the internet 1-2 years ago.) but obviously its 100% genuine.

 

- THE LETTER - 

 

February 2, 2018
Groundhog Day

Dear Mr. Kaczynski,
Thenk you for your undated letter postmarked 12/5/17, which I received on 12/21/17. I`m sorry I`ve taken so long to answer it, but I have too much work to do, and at the age of 75 I can`t keep up with it all.
I`m writting mainly to call your attention to my book Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How, which may be of intrest to you. You can order a copy from www.fitchmadison.com or amazon.com.
But I`ll also answer your question concerning the Discovery Channel series about my case. I haven`t seen the series myself, but to judge from what people have written to me about it, its mostly fiction. This does not suprise me in the least; media reports about me generally been loaded with bull manure. In partucular, reports about the Murray study have been wildly, wildly exaggerated. People write to tell me how sorry for me they feel because I was "tortured" again and again by the Murray group as part of an "MK Ultra" experiment allegedly carried out by the CIA. Actually there was only one unpleasant expirience in the Murray study; it lasted about half and hour and could not reasonably have been described as "traumatic". Mostly the study consisted of interviews and filling out pencil-and-paper personality tests. The CIA was not involved.
About 15 or 20 years ago a TV journalist named Chris Vlasto (if I remember the name correctly) looked up some of the other participants in the studio and found that nothing had happened that was worth reporting in the media. My brief correspondence with Vlasto should be available in the University of Michigan's Special Collection library at Ann Arbor. On the inaccuracy of the Discovery series, see "Discovery Channel TV Series on Unabomber Disrespects the Investigation's Achievements", by ex-FBI agent Greg Stejskal,
http://ticklethewire.com/about-us/greg-stejskal/

Yours
Ted Kaczynski


 SEE ALSO:

The Life and Action of the Man known as THE UNABOMBER

No comments:

Post a Comment